Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Where do I begin...


After a fun filled summer with my sister living with us and more pictures than I know what to do with it's hard to decide where to even start. Now I sorta see why people post so often...it's to keep up. We did a lot of fun things this summer; beach days, Disneyland, Utah, San Diego, Lake Mead, Tom's Farms, Balboa Island, Coronado Island, farmer's markets, movies...the works. We're very blessed to live here and love seeing all the new things in California. However...I'm really missing that beautiful Utah fall weather and dying for some relief from the heat here. But, it will come, eventually.
We're loving our new ward and the people in it and continue to be amazed by the church and it's strength. Life is hard and times are challenging but it's so nice to find comfort through the testimonies and experiences of others.
As for news...Aly, yes my little sister, is engaged! We're so excited and happy for her and Brian. They're getting married in December and we can't wait to attend! Wish I could be there for all the fun wedding plans but...not this time. Todd is working hard at Premier and loving every minute of it and as for me well, I'm slowly but surely getting over my hermit crab ways and feeling a little better every day. We can't wait for our new little addition next March! And yes, it is a girl. (Thanks Coral!!)
Ty...where do I start with him. He is the best thing in the whole world. I love watching him grow and love even more at what a good boy he has been while I've been a terrible mother hunched over the toilet. He takes such good care of me and although he has his two-year old moments, he has the sweetest little heart. We love our little guy.

13 comments:

  1. Yay! Yeah post more!! Glad you guys are here, but I agree I would like it cooler too! ;) Yay a girl!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl!!! Did you just find out?...I don't remember you mentioning that Sunday. So fun. Nice to have one of each. We'll have to have a shower for you. I hear Utah doesn't do the multiple child showers up there, even if it's a different gender?...per my sis-n-law.=) Congrats. Hang in there with the sickness. I'm very serious about my offer to watch Ty. He could come play and we'd wear him out so he'd take a awesome nap for you...think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Its Traci Price! Thanks for looking after Olivia when the whole thing went down at the baby shower last week. I am so happy to have you in the ward. Congrats on a girl!!! YAY! SO EXCITING!

    I am with Melissa...I will take Ty anytime you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting things are happening in the Fackrell family! I'm so excited for both you and Aly! I didn't know you already knew it was a girl. She is going to be the cutest thing ever. I'm glad you are doing well. Mike and I think of you guys often. Can't wait to see you again, are you guys coming back for Thanksgiving? Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so glad you posted. i was ready to leave my THIRD comment on the same post! so many fun things going on. i'm so happy for aly and want to meet this "man"! (she does care about my approval, right?) and i/we couldn't be more happy for the little GIRL to come. i take it you win on getting our favorite girl name. it's ok, its my own fault for being slow! i'm so glad you like your ward, it makes such a difference were you live and from the comments above it sounds like you have awesome friends there...(like the one who wants to give you a GIRL shower - take her up on that! one of the perks of cali i guess perhaps i should be there visiting you when my second baby comes into play!)

    take care and call lots. i miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY Kara! That is so exciting! Congrats! I can't wait to see what her cute face looks like! I know she'll be adorable! I am excited for you guys! Hopefully the nausea gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I didn't know it was a girl!WHOO HOO! That's way exciting! Congrats to your sister on her engagement! I hope you are feeling better! We love you guys and miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to everything that was said up above! There are so many people that love you guys and miss you too! Can't wait to see you guys, give the boy a squeeze. I need to go shop for baby girl now ;)

    ps still love that slid show

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited that you are having a baby girl. And Aly is engaged. YAY. We are so old. :) Hope you get feeling better so we can get together sometime. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Kara, I am excited for you! Sounds like you had a great summer! I hope you get better soon! Glad your doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl!!! Ok so I've only hung out with you like once and everytime your at something I'm NOT!! LAME!! But I want to hang out with you more!!! btw I saw your blog on Vanessas And I need to get your number I might get it from Coral and text you right now.. cause I want to invite you to my bday thing for tommorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know... I totally feel like we are still just little kids. When your dad came to my house to drop of a wedding gift, I fought the urge to yell "Kara, your dad is here."

    Haha the good old days....

    I keep thinking about how excited I am for you! I hope you start feeling better and that everything goes smoothly for you! I can't wait to hear more updates

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Congrats to you guys!! How fun - one of each! And I'm so glad you are liking your ward and hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete