Friday, October 9, 2009

There is Always, Always, Always Something to be Grateful for

Due to current economic times, the pressures of life can at times feel truly unbearable. I fell in love with the quote/title above (thanks girls) and have decided I, personally, need to take it to heart. My heart has been extremely touched over the past couple weeks and I feel as if there are so many areas in my life I need to work on. The main being, to be grateful for all that I have. The list of things I am grateful for could go on for literally, five pages. However, there is one face I cannot block out of my mind when it comes to things I am grateful for.







This little angelic face and the child behind it are/is/forever will be something that touches my heart in a way only a mother can understand. He makes me happy when I am sad, makes me feel better when I am sick, makes me laugh when nothing else can and always makes me feel like I have done something right in this life. He is as close to Heavenly as they possibly come and I am so grateful for the person he makes me want to be. Don't get me wrong, we have our days too but I don't think I would be making it through the days that I am without my little Ty guy.

To make this blog almost an unreadable length, I have to put down in words a few other things I am thankful for to help myself feel a little better. The gospel and all it entails, my husband, my testimony, our friends, our health, a roof over our heads, a job, food in our bellies and in our cupboards, and my family. I miss them so much I could pull my hair out. : ) Thanks to all who read for the love and support you offer to me and my family, even if you don't realize it. We love you so much.

7 comments:

  1. What a a sweet post! I to need to be grateful for all that is in my life. That boy is getting so big!!! We miss you guys so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here! Totally agree and couldn't say it better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Kara! I just saw your blog on Niki's sidebar. love this post...you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara what a fun blog! Great post! Youre right. I love to let myself wallow in it. But really life is pretty good. Our beautiful kids are blessing enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara, this made tears come to my eyes. Your little man is adorable.You make me want to have one just like him. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete