Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lucky

Just when you think you can't do it anymore...your dad (who lives ten hours away) comes to the rescue. We moved into a home we are renting and between my husband's broken foot, my big belly and the plain old stresses of moving, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. Last week I wasn't feeling the best and on Friday afternoon, my doorbell rang. Much to my surprise it was my dad and Katee. I don't know how they did it but I hope and pray and I can have the parental instincts that mine have. I am so grateful for the short time they were able to spend. My dad didn't stop working for a minute other than play times with Ty. My house now feels like a home with a little new paint. Thanks Todd and dad for the hard work and love you always seem to show me. I'm so grateful for the blessing of friends and family.




We weren't able to snap many pictures but as grandparents do best, Ty was spoiled with some fun new presents for him and the baby sister. (Sorry to those who are waiting for baby pictures...she'll be here next Friday if not sooner)


And you can always count on Todd for a good time. Yes, this is a motorized cooler. Please, don't ask. :)

11 comments:

  1. That post literally made me cry! Your family is the best. Love you Kar, can't wait to meet you new little addition!! Mike and I think of you guys often. Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you KNOW that you have friends that live much closer than 10 hours away who will gladly help you with anything you need! We are just a phone call away...PLEASE call if you need anything! Glad you had fun with family though :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara! Please call if you don't mind being overrun with me and my kids, we can keep Ty busy outback while you get in a much needed nap or time to unpack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,that is such a sweet story! It made me tear up...that sounds weird, but it really makes you tear up when you feel relief and comfort, and just knowing people care about you. I'm glad to hear you are doing better and we can't wait to see baby Halle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it sister. Some day I'll be able to figure out this blog thing, but yours is way cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't worry, i am not going to ask about the motorized cooler scooter. i understand that it's probably a "guy" thing. first off...forrest rocks! i'm so glad he could be there for you. i remember moving when i was preggers and just needed my parents! someday we'll have that instinct too. after that stress of tantrums pass! call me next time you need some good "stress reliefing girl talk" i love visiting with you, makes me feel like you're not so far away! good luck on friday! can't wait to meet her. give a squeeze from he favorite adopted aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing for such great family and friends! I hope you are not quite so overwhelmed any more and that you are feeling well! I can't wait to see pictures of your baby so keep us posted! Good luck Kara! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get all excited to see a new post from you! (but i totally understand) You have a great dad he is always mindful of you and your needs. I can't wait to see the new place and the new baby. We love and miss you guys and sorry that we couldn't be there to help with the remodel. Now just sit and relax and wait for the next round of reinforcements to arrive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friday holy! Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures she is going to be beautiful!!! :) Family pretty much rules! Glad you feel better best of luck to your cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kara! This is Courtney. I can't wait to see pictures of your baby. Hope everything goes well. I am so glad we have your blog address to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are so lucky to have such a great family! i can't believe you have two little ones. congrats on the baby girl. Hope all went well. and thank goodness for great families. :)

    ReplyDelete