Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blessing Day


So since I was lucky enough to have so much family come see us and Hallie we thought we would be brave and bless her at two weeks old. Living far away you can only do so much to take advantage of family while they are here and we most certainly have been doing so. My dad and father in law were able to stand in the circle at Hallie's blessing and I will never forget the words that were spoken by my husband that day.
I know we are not supposed to record any blessings except patriarchal but all I can say is how grateful I am to have a husband that holds the priesthood. Todd stood up there this past Sunday and spoke the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard. Granted, I probably don't listen as intently as I should during baby blessings but from this day forward, I will definitely start paying better attention. Todd gave Hallie her name and promised her a number of things that make me cry just thinking about.
Moral of this story is; and I'm sorry I'm not sharing more, I am so grateful to be a member of the church. I can't count the number of times it has blessed my life in ways that nothing else could. I'm so grateful for the power of the priesthood. That we as human beings can take a small little two week old infant into our arms and give her a name and blessing through the power of our Father in Heaven. I'm so grateful for the blessings of an eternal family. Ty and this new, precious baby girl are the apples of my eyes and without them, I would truly be nothing. I'm so grateful for a husband who is a worthy priesthood holder. I may not show it as much as I should but I love him so, so much. And last but not least, I am grateful for all the members of the church that bless my life every day. The overwhelming amount of love and support that we have been shown since Hallie joined our family is truly overwhelming and I only hope to be able to show a fraction of the amount of love and kindness to others as we have been shown. I know I don't post often and when I do, as I was reading back, it sounds a little 'preachy' but I'm am unaware of any other way to express myself. So to those who read, thanks for all the love you show us.




7 comments:

  1. oh kara, i wish i could have been there. she was a beauty on her special day for sure! i love the little dress!! you brought tears to my eyes with your sweet words about your growing family. we are truly blessed to know that they last forever! you are one amazing mother kara. those two are so blessed to call you theirs. love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat you were able to have so much family there for her blessing. It sounds like it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a beautiful post. Thanks Kar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 weeks after a C section....you ARE brave! She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous little girl. I love those pictures. That is so nice that your family could be there. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara, What a beautiful little girl. I will be forever grateful that my little girl has had you as her dear friend. There's nothing like having a new little spirit join your home to help you realize what really matters in this life. I know you feel blessed to have Ty and Hallie in your family but always remember they are blessed to have you in theirs!
    Love you, Margaret

    ReplyDelete